Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need some help, about to supplement..

Default Re: I need some help, about to supplement..

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
    Well I had to supplement today...I had a rough/busy day yesterday...plus DH forgot to but about 7oz in fridge....aww man...but we still would have had to supplement.... but I am NOT telling my family...they will be on my case about switching him to formula...
    That's rough, but you have to feed the LO no matter what. Is there any way you could spend a few days to relax and get back on track with the BF'ing? Do you have any vacation days or sick days you could take to just catch up on some sleep and nursing the baby? I would definately try and unwind as much as possible, I know that helped me a LOT when my supply took a huge dip.

Hang in there momma!!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Babygurl you mentioned that you are spotting/bleeding. Are you on BC? Did you get your pd back? I am not on BC, but sometimes when I first get my pd. I notice a dip in my supply.

My supply is ok, I just wasn't able to get all my pump sessions in yesterday... I will be RELAXING this weekend an plan on nursing and pumping to ensure that he has mommy milk on monday!!!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Good for you

You're doing great! Hang in there!
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

I drink the tea and take Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek. Another thing I do is I make sure that there isn't even one stream of milk coming out of my breast when I stop, and I always pump for about 10-15 minutes, because I usually have a second let-down around 9 minutes. I used to pump for 10, but I found that the extra time allows the pump to get those extra few ounces from the second let-down.

Good luck, and keep on doing your best! That is all anyone can ask.
    Hot momma to The Boy born 19 December 2006.

Nursing The Boy for 1 year...and still going strong! I kicked the pump out the door though!

Oh, and I'm a cloth convert. Late in life. But only at home. Daycare isn't having it.