Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All the Fenugreek takin' ladies!

Default All the Fenugreek takin' ladies!

Just curious how many capsules and how many times per day everyone takes Fenugreek. I try and just keep myself smelling like maple syrup and sometimes thats a lot, just wondering what everyone else does and if there is a guide on how much you should take?

Default Re: All the Fenugreek takin' ladies!

3 capsules, 3 times per day--that's what my lc suggested

I go with 2 capsules, 3 times per day. I don't smell like maple syrup, but see an increase in production. I also get more fenugreek with Mothers' Milk Tea, which I drink 2-3 times per day.

Amy

The LC told me 3 capsuls 3 times a day too.
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

I'm taking 7 3x a day. It was what I needed, I was at 5 3x a day and it wasn't working as well until I bumped up how much I was taking. My pedi/LC told me I can take a ton of it as needed and to consider using the powder or seeds if I can't get results from the pills.

It had a mild laxative affect on both me and DS for about 1 week but now we're both adjusted.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by MommyLuvsU View Post
    I'm taking 7 3x a day. It was what I needed, I was at 5 3x a day and it wasn't working as well until I bumped up how much I was taking. My pedi/LC told me I can take a ton of it as needed and to consider using the powder or seeds if I can't get results from the pills.

It had a mild laxative affect on both me and DS for about 1 week but now we're both adjusted.
    oh wow Im so glad to know someone else take that many! (not glad you have to take it just glad im not alone!) Im taking 5 four times a day, and it really help s me. do you smell like maple syrup?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenzi's Mama View Post
    oh wow Im so glad to know someone else take that many! (not glad you have to take it just glad im not alone!) Im taking 5 four times a day, and it really help s me. do you smell like maple syrup?
    Yes I smell like syrup! My pedi is also an IBCLC and she told me that I can even double that amount if I need to- she said you can't take too much of it and with the pills it's not really exact how much is in each capsule. It wasn't until I upped the dose by a lot I noticed my milk really increases.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by MommyLuvsU View Post
    Yes I smell like syrup! My pedi is also an IBCLC and she told me that I can even double that amount if I need to- she said you can't take too much of it and with the pills it's not really exact how much is in each capsule. It wasn't until I upped the dose by a lot I noticed my milk really increases.
    Awesome to know! Thanks so much!

it's so good to know i can take more than what the package says!!!! i'm going to up my dose!!

Ive been taking two 4x day and my supply has more than doubled in the past 2-3 days!