Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: discouraged

Default Re: discouraged

Quote Originally Posted by leylah View Post
    Hello there,

I hope I won't give up ... I sometimes wonder if this whole breastfeeding thing is really worth it... Anyway, I'm giving it a try again and hope that it will get better, straight away I can't even think in term of weeks or days but how many feedings I will bear with that pain.

Hope to hear from you.

Leyla
    It is worth it!! don't give up! with the help from an LLL leader to check your latch and a diagnosis of whether or not it's thrush + treatment if it is, you should be breastfeeding with a lot less pain in a matter of days.

This link has very good info on thrush and other causes of nipple pain, I recommend that you read it before you see your midwife/doctor so you are better informed and if the thrush symptoms match yours, insist you are given the correct treatment.

It will get better!

I feel your pain. I've had the worst time bf. My baby does the same thing at the breast. She sleeps and never seems satisfied after bf. I've tried all the tips in the world to wake her up, but she still sleeps during the feeding. After I remove her she acts very hungry. I put her back at the breast and she falls asleep again. This cycle could go on forever. I always end up giving her expressed milk b/c I don't want her to starve. I'm hoping eventually with time she may get better at sucking. She's 3 weeks.

With the sore nipples.. use the lanolin. A proper latch shouldn't really hurt. You might feel some discomfort, but not severe pain. I can immediately tell when my baby is not latched right. It hurts so bad and make sure to take the baby off right away if it hurts really bad. Stick your finger in her mouth and break the suction.