Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: lima beans

Question lima beans

I just gave my DD a few lima beans with her dinner, and my sister said that I should take the skin off. That kinda defeats the reason that I got them because I wanted something fast and easy, but is it a choking hazered?

Default Re: lima beans

I take the skins off b/c DS couldn't seem to bite through them. My husband just cuts them in half though.

My son LOVES lima beans too. It does take a few minutes to take the skins off, but at least you didn't have to soak the beans overnight, then cook them, that would would really take some time.

My Little Reverse Cyclers
    *DS born July 2006, nursed 3 yrs 10 mos!
    *DD born January 2011, happily nursing and bucking the bottle just like big brother
    *One Angel baby we sadly never met July 2009

Happily married to an amazing man who puts up with all my craziness since 1999.

If the skin is thick and hard, it could see how it could be. How were the beans cooked? And are they the big limas or the little ones?

Quote Originally Posted by home executive View Post
    If the skin is thick and hard, it could see how it could be. How were the beans cooked? And are they the big limas or the little ones?
    They were small and from a can. I cooked them on the stove and cut them in half.

My lo has no problem with limas. I usually just give them to her whole- skin and all- and she mushes them herself in the process of getting them into her mouth.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous