Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I did it!! Went to Disney for a few hrs.

Default I did it!! Went to Disney for a few hrs.

Dd2 slept the whole 15min drive to Magic Kingdom. Woke when the car shut off. Feel asleep when I got her in the stoller. Never work until 1:30ish for a feeding. I fed her at about 930am and she went 4hrs between feeding. Believe I was at the point of dh I need to wake her and feed her. Since we were on our way out of the park we went to the babycenter for diaper changes and feeding. Of course being the one who got to change dd2 and ds and then dd1 was having a bad TT I was like for get it lets go home and feed dd2 there. But then I changed my mind and I went to the nursing room and it was full of nursing moms. I was so happy to see other moms nursing, but no spot for me so no chance to talk to other moms. I got to set in the room with dh, dd1, ds, and other kids and nurse dd2. I DID IT!!! Dh asked me how long and I said I do not know she will be done when she is done.

In the end 30min later she nursed both side thankfully and fell back to sleep. Dh said I looked like a pro and worry too much about her and what others think.

I love him ^_~ he is so supportive. He said if dd2 does not get a good bill of help Friday at the ped the $100 is mind to see a LC with a crap load of other initals by her name. But he said I am doing just fine for a mom with two other kids to care for. I just wish I could have been in the room with other moms but I had to step up to my role again because dh was not.

GATTA GO
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Default Re: I did it!! Went to Disney for a few hrs.

Congrats glad that you were able to do it!!!
    And way to go hubby for being so supportive!

I'm so glad that you had a good day!

That's very cool - I didn't know Disney has a nursing room. I'm scheduled to go in a few weeks when my baby is about 2 months. How do you find out about this?

Glad to hear things went well. Supportive hubbys make the world of difference
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Quote Originally Posted by abennett View Post
    That's very cool - I didn't know Disney has a nursing room. I'm scheduled to go in a few weeks when my baby is about 2 months. How do you find out about this?
    Disney had had them for years. Each park has a Baby Center and inside are changing tables, mini kitchen, baby & tot stuff to buy, nursing area...etc. In our opinion Animal Kingdom has the nicest set up and then I think Epcot, 3rd Magic Kingdom, and the Studios suck.

I have known this since I was child my people in my family have been working there since I was 5yrs old.

Of course there are the shaded areas with benches but you have watch out because they have smoking areas (thankfully not too many and less smoking in the park).

Anywho, I DID IT!!!! I even brought formula just in case I could not NIP or if I was on a ride with the kids and dh could not get her to wait for me.

Time to go to bed and hope she wakes soon I am so engorged but do not want to pump, yet.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.