Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP...He bit me! Now it hurts BAD!!!

Default HELP...He bit me! Now it hurts BAD!!!

OMG...it finally happened. He bit me while he was nursing. I honestly thought that he was doing great and had never really "bit" me. Sometimes he "nibbles" when he is nodding off. But there is actually a small "cut" on the edge of my nipple. Now when he nurses on that side it hurts bad. I dont know what to do! I dont want it getting infected but I dont want to put anything on it since my 17 month old will be BF. Also, should I not feed him on that side as much? Has anyone else delt with this? Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Default Re: HELP...He bit me! Now it hurts BAD!!!

OUCH!

Here's some info on healing open areas on the nipple:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...g.html#between

Quote Originally Posted by home executive View Post
    OUCH!

Here's some info on healing open areas on the nipple:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...g.html#between
    Thank you!

Ok, I still need help. I am starting to worry that it is not an acutal bite. Ok, I started to put some nursing cream on it and it seemed to clear up. About a week passed and it seems to have "come back". It hurts really bad in the same spot. It is directly on the nipple and it is red and enflamed. It also has some white crust around it. Should I see a doctor????

OK, it is a bite because there is a spot in the other side in the exact same place and it looks like the skin is broken and it is about the size of a tooth. I am in so much pain right now, I am considering weaning! He is almost 18 months. And he is starting to eat a lot more solids and turn away milk when I offer it to him

One of the times DS bit me and broke the skin, it got infected. It wasn't very big and eventually healed on its own, but it hurt like crazy! I think I would probably see your dr to check out the possibility of infection (definitely before weaning).

So I went to the dr today and guess what? It is not a bite at all!!! It is a yeast infection! What a surprise!!!