Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When Did You Give Meat?

Default When Did You Give Meat?

DS is 7 months old now. When can I give him meat (chicken, turkey)? He doesn't have any teeth, but he really enjoys self feeding. I stay near him and give him pieces of food about the size of an M&M. Thank you.

Default Re: When Did You Give Meat?

This may be gross, but I just chew his up for him a little to soften it and share enzymes.
    Will started at 8 mo.

I think we started at 9 months... I give DD very small pieces of meat (first chicken, then we graduated to beef), about the size of a pencil eraser. Now that she's older, I give her slightly bigger pieces, but I kind of have to limit it still, as she now will "chipmunk" her food.

My LO gets his beef and chicken around 7mo. Mainly coz he was slow in gaining weight so I wanted him to gain more by feeding him high protein food. I used to puree the meat, now I just use minced meet instead.

I started around 6.5-7 months, pureed beef mixed with his vegetables but I gave it only a couple of times since we didn't start giving much solids until around 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by kali's mom View Post
    about the size of a pencil eraser. Now that she's older, I give her slightly bigger pieces, but I kind of have to limit it still, as she now will "chipmunk" her food.
    Mason still does this! I have to limit how much I put in front of him

We just started giving him chicken about a couple of weeks ago or so (he is 14 months old). It was the compromise that DH and I came to, no plans to give him beef anytime soon.

We started Shredded Chicken and ground turkey between 9&10 months. We waited until the year point for pork and beef.(Red meat)

Way too lazy for formula

Ive just started to feed my 10 MO meat, and so far have only tried dry fried pork and minced pork...next will be chicken.

We fed her fish when she was 6 months old.