Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ready or not?

Default Ready or not?

My son is 5.5 mo old. I just talked to the LC and sh suggested starting solids.

He can sit unassisted (on something soft) and in he highchair.

I put him down on a plastic sheet last night for tummy time with mashed carrots. He definitely likes the flavor. I was surprised that some of it actually got in his tummy. But he was sucking on my finger and the bowl - so I really don't know if he's ready?

Default Re: Ready or not?

OMG LOVE the pic... sooo cute
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

No advice but that is just PRECIOUS!
    Jackie

"Breastfeeding is an unsentimental metaphor for how love works, in a way. You don't decide how much and how deeply to love--you respond to the beloved, and give with joy exactly as much as they want."
    ~ Marni Jackson"

That pic is so cute!! My lo is 5.5 also. I started solids a few weeks ago cause she is just so big and hungry etc.. She is almost 24 lbs! I think if they are displaying all the signs see how they do and enjoy the new experience. My lo loves her solid time. I give her solids once or maybe twice a day and she loves it!

CUTE pic Anne!!! I have started my 2 older kids on solids when they started showing real interest (reaching for food, longingly watching me eat, etc). With Jacob that was at about 5 months and with Emily it was almost 10 months. Once they were ready, they loved it!!

I would say about the finger sucking/bowl sucking that it was probably because he was trying to figure it all out IYKWIM? Have fun!

I decided to go with solids. He LOVES the carrots! (We haven't done anything else yet.)

Yesterday, his Daddy was feeding him, He ripped the spoon out of Daddy's hands and insisted on feeding himself. We loaded the spoon for him and he did very well!

He "asks" for carrots by smacking his lips during the day. So cute!

OMG - I could just eat him he is so cute!!!
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09