Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help me feed my 7 mo old! Thanks!

Default Help me feed my 7 mo old! Thanks!

My son just turned 7 months. He has had the main veggies and fruits. I don't really know what to feed him. He does really well with his pincer grasp, but I still worry about choking. He doesn't have any teeth either, but he does the chewing motion with his gums.

This is what he has had...
    sweet potato
    peas
    green beans
    squash
    apples
    pears
    plums
    avacado
    toast-he loves toast and it's easy to pick up and eat!
    puffs
    banana

He doesn't like carrots and peas unless they are pureed. He loves to gnaw on and suck on pieces of fruit. I'm just not sure what else to give him/what else he can have. He loves to pick his food up and feed himself.

Default What is your 7-8 mo old eating?

I posted below about what to feed my 7 month old, and no one responded.

He's not as interested in pureed food, and he loves to feed himself. I've been giving him toast with fruit puree spread on top. He loves that!

What other kinds of safe finger foods can I give him? I've tried some fruits and veggies, but they are difficult to pick up due to slipperyness.

Thanks!

Default Re: What is your 7-8 mo old eating?

As you'll see from my other post, I might be doing something wrong, but... here goes...

My daughter pretty much loves anything. I tried chopping up some roasted chicken breast into tiny little pieces and she loved it. It was one of the more relaxing dinners I've had for a while - she occupied herself chasing the tiny slivers around the table and periodically putting them in her mouth.

She mostly just likes to listen to the weird squishy sound when I feed her pureed food and she can squeeze it in her fist.

She likes to imitate what we're doing, so everyone pretends to have a taste from her spoon of cereal and then by the time it gets to her, she's absolutely dying to have some!

Good luck!

When my LO was that age, I pretty much gave him whatever we were eating. He loved cheerios to. If your LO has teeth, that is. Just make sure you only introduce 1 new food at a time. Children under 2 should not have nuts. HTH.
    Mama to Andrew 6-20-06
    My angel in heaven, Benjamin William 11-2-07 to 11-5-07
    Kaitlyn 6-12-09

Quote Originally Posted by BJD102 View Post
    When my LO was that age, I pretty much gave him whatever we were eating. He loved cheerios to. If your LO has teeth, that is. Just make sure you only introduce 1 new food at a time. Children under 2 should not have nuts. HTH.
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but do cheerios have nuts in them????????????Maybe I am reading it wrong...LO loves Cheerios and has for the last month...no teeth no prob...they disolve in his mouth!
    Mommy to Chance Lane 1/18/07
    I love my miracle baby so much! Be the best that you can be to your angels no matter how selfless you have to be!

At 8mth I started giving my LO pancakes. Just cut into small pieces and he can feed himself.. though he rarely does that, he likes to be fed. Can also add pureed fruits on top.

Here's a good website for baby-led solids:
    http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/b...ngerFoodBasics

HTH.
    Caylen Koen Chew (25/05/06)
    Lost No.2 in Aug 2008 ... Lost No. 3 in May 2009 Hoping for another ... Enjoying No.1

Quote Originally Posted by kandikane57 View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but do cheerios have nuts in them????????????Maybe I am reading it wrong...LO loves Cheerios and has for the last month...no teeth no prob...they disolve in his mouth!
    The kind I give to my son does not have any nuts or any other no-no stuff and it is organic. It is Purely O's cereal by Cascadian Farm.