Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying nursing for the 1st time

Default Re: Trying nursing for the 1st time

Good for you for educating yourself Mama!!!! Nursing is WONDERFUL!!!!! And IMO it really IS easier than bottles (no washing/sterilizing/buying formula/making sure you have powder and bottle and water in your diaper bag/etc)! Like PPs said, sometimes it is difficult in the beginning because both you and your baby need to figure things out. Finding a lactation consultant and your local LLL group could be a lifesaver. Read as much as you can BEFORE baby comes and then you'll have the opportunity to figure things out easier. Watch videos about latching/etc. This site has lots of great info about nursing, as does this one. You CAN do it!

Default Re: Trying nursing for the 1st time

Of course it is possible! I understand how upsetting it can be when health care professionals discourage you from doing something that you know is best for your baby though. The hospital that I had my DD in did the same thing to me. If I had not had the support of my Mom and DH then I might have missed out on the most wonderful bonding experience of my life. I definately urge you to try to BF your 4th baby no matter what anyone else says! You will find awesome support on this forum as well.