Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowel Movements?

Default Re: Bowel Movements?

My little one is down to one or two a day, and let me tell you -- they're usually big. Sometimes the diaper contains them, sometimes it doesn't.

Like just this past Thursday we were in Detroit on the final leg of our move, and we went to dunkin donuts to get breakfast. She was fussing a little, which is sometimes a sign of a messy diaper. So I look for a changing table, no table, so find a corner on the floor and change her on my changing mat.

As I pick her up out of her car seat, I see the reason for the fussing -- the poop had gone all the way up her front side. So I take the diaper off and it's a HUGE mess. So here I am, on the floor of a dunkin donuts, trying to figure out how to quickly change her and get her onsie off without spreading the poop all over her. Oh, did I mention she's at the age now where she thinks it's grand she can roll over onto her side and tries to do it every opportunity she gets? Plus the wandering hands? My husband had to help hold her down for me.

UGH. And then yesterday at the fazolis... thank God for changing tables. The diaper contained it, but it was very, very smelly.
    Momma to K 05/24/07 (due 05/31/07)
    Momma to I, 06/04/10 VBAC'd (due 05/31/10). Read about it here

Exclusive Pumper to first for 18 months.
    I got my VBAC!

Struggling with nursing but one way or another breast milk is all they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    . Oh, did I mention she's at the age now where she thinks it's grand she can roll over onto her side and tries to do it every opportunity she gets? Plus the wandering hands? My husband had to help hold her down for me.
    Ahh, yes...Abby seems to think diaper changing is a game as well. Her FAVORITE thing to do is straighten and lock her legs so its physically impossible to put the diaper on. Sometimes she'll try to roll away, most of the time she just laughs at me and then pees all over my bed. These little antics were especially fun when I was trying to clean up the molten lava poo on the front seat of my dinky little car.

These silly babies!

Oh, so to the OP...you see? Perfectly normal. Funny even. You get to have these little adventures too someday.
    Something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by walimaki View Post
    I've been having the same problem with my 18 week old DD. She used to poop every morning, then started going every other day, and now its been 5 days since her last poop and I AM getting a little worried. BUT, I'll find out whether or not theres an issue when she finally does go. Still plenty of wets so, I am not really all that concerned.

When she finally does go, I'm expected the blowout of the century.
    My little man does those constantly