Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feeding with Implants

Default Feeding with Implants

Hi everyone I'm new here......
    I have just had my 3rd baby on the 11th sept, i bf my other 2 for 8 months each and it was great i could wip them on and off no problems.... well around3yrs ago now i had implants put in, my milk supply is great and came in within 3 days, and she is a good feeder and wants milk all the time I'm just experiencing a lot of pain my right side seems to of calmed down only have the odd twinge, but my left side feels like it being ripped apart when she sucks it feels like the nerves are really being stretched and it feels tingly and sore to touch I've invested in lansonol to help with the sore nips, but can't really feel the benefit as i have the internal pain in my breast, i have phoned my breast doctor but her receptionist will speak to her Friday and get back to me as she wasn't there, my mw is trying to help as much as she can and we have tried different positions.......but i feel like i want to cry my eyes out as i really do not want to have to stop breast feeding, I'm a big believer in the breast and not keen on formula, so i was wondering if there was anyone who has experienced this with implants in here, any help would be appreciated
    Thankyou in advance.

Default Re: Feeding with Implants

Hi I just wanted to say I had my BA in July 05 and got PG in early August 05! not even a full month later. So when I had a lot of breast tenderness and internal pains I thought it was from my BA and I stopped nursing . Well I did relactate 6 weeks later for my son because I found out it was pain from thrush . What you are saying sounds exactly like my complaints early on with nursing. I had tried to find help but I didn't know anyone who ever nursed with Implants before so i thought it was a sensitivity issue.
    I would look into the possibility of trush? Mine was never visible on myself, and never visible on my son until after I quit nursing.

Goodluck to you! Once I started nursing again (and still am) I never had that pain again. It felt like tugging on the inside and shocks of pain going through my breast tissue. my scar however (peri-areola) was really sensitive at first but that wasn't to bad and did get better!
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Smile Re: Feeding with Implants

Thank you for such a fast reply, mw has been out today and actually mentioned thrush inside the breast, but didn't want to prescribe anything yet in case it wasn't as said it was a long course of antibiotics, but i will now mention your experience to her when i see her on Friday, i know having pain isn't nice but i really hope that it is just thrush as it can be treated in the mean time she suggested i try to express and cup feed off that breast, That has given me a lot of hope thank you so much, i was really scared i might have to stop...

any updates?? I hope that things have improved for you!
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Please check out this site:
    www.bfar.org

You can join the messageboard there and get help from the book/site author as well as other mothers who have been where you are.

Keep us updated on your progress.

hi update on the sore boob, I bought some nipple shields last Wednesday which took the pain away, and have wore one on my sore side, I had the mw and health visitor visiting on Friday, and both said they will give me over the weekend and i had to try to take the shield off half way through he feed and see how i go if i still had pain when they phoned on Monday then they would treat me for thrush.
    Anyway last night plucked up the courage to remove the shield then fix her back on and guess what the pain had gone, I'm hoping that it doesn't come back, i just have the normal pulling feeling there now when she starts to suck, they do seem to of got a bit itchy though, and wondering if the avent breast pads I'm wearing might be causing it.
    I guess in those first couple of days of having her i must not of got her positioned right. thank you for your help,