Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice Needed Please!!

Default Re: Advice Needed Please!!

Try nursing and taking the baby out using a carrier. My LO would calm down the minute outside air hits his skin. It'll pass only to be replaced by other things :-)

DS went through a period like that. For him it was 6 to 9 PM. If I got him in a nice warm bath I could cut into that time. It seemed to relax him. Also, when I started using a wrap to carry him cuddled next to me that seemed to comfort him more.
    for you. Its stressful.

I had the exact same thing with my first son. He was just fussy at about 7pm each night for an hour or so and would just cry and cry not matter what I did. Then I used the Baby Whisperer method (I hope it's ok to mention that method here) of rocking him sort of sideways and making a shushing noise and it really worked well for us. It was the only thing I did that calmed him down.

Most likely it's not an allergy or it would happen more frequently throughout the day unless you only eat a particular thing at night.

L-

When did your babies last nap of the day end? From what you have said it sounds like to me that your lo is very tired. It is very unusual for a baby of that age to be awake that many hours straight. A baby that young needs alot of sleep. My twins, numbers 8 & 9, are just 9 months and they still only stay awake 2-3 hours at a time.

Find a good evening routine that is relaxing for them, bath-time, ect. When they begin to get very cranky, its time for nursing and bed. Hope this is helpful.