Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is he behind?

Default Is he behind?

Should I worry?

Gage doesn't seem to want anything to do with self feeding. For that matter he doesn't want anything to do with anything not !@#$ Gerber. I tried potatoes last night plain, with a little water and nope, coked and gagged like I was trying to kill him He only grabs things with his whole hand, maybe on occassion with fingers, but rare. I tried little cubes of banana over the weekend and again, 'mommy's trying to kill me' I don't get it. Is there hope of him eating homemade foods? Is this still w/in normal development? He is almost 9 mo. Started soilds (purees) a 6.5 mo.
    Last edited by GageWsMom; September 18th, 2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: spelled my own kids name wrong :O
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Default Re: Is he behind?

I don't think he's behind. I'd just keep offering things to him and see what he does like. I know Nora acts like she's gagging to death every time I give her something new. She'll put it in her mouth, gag, spit it out, then put it in her mouth again. I don't think the gagging means she doesn't like it because after a while she'll just eat it.

When I was first thinking of starting solids my doc told me that some kids, if they haven't been introduced to solids by about 7 months or so, will just lose interest until they are about 13-14 months. She said it doesn't really matter and won't necessarily have any long-term effects, jsut a matter of choice for the parents.

Anyway, I dunno if that's the case for you guys, but I don't think it's anything you need to really worry about. Just keep offering different things and he'll probably pick up on something he likes.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

That is interesting about "late" soilds, thanks, it makes me feel better.
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

I wouldn't worry. Despite offering solids from age 6 mos, DS didn't have any interest until he was 14 mos (besides O's). Each baby is on their own readiness timeline.

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001