Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is going on...need help

Default Re: What is going on...need help

Quote Originally Posted by proud mommy View Post
    Not to say that it is dairy, but if it was it takes a while to get out of your system. So just because you didn't have any for a day or even two, you might not notice a difference. It is very common for BF babies to have poops like that though. I remember one day going out to lunch and changing DD outfit 3 times while we were there because she pooped all over herself However the raw bum isn't normal. My DD would poo at least 4 times a day sometimes a lot more, but she was never raw. You mentioned that your other 2 LO's were on special formula. Why? Just wondering if there were allergries that ran in the family that might give you some clues if there is something that you are eating that is causing some issues
    Dd1 was on LactoFree from Enfamil for gassy, fussy, COLIC baby for 6 months. Then she was fine and her tummy could handle reg. formula. Ds has/has a lot of bowel issues and we had to put him on Nutramigen which never helped...nothing did except an rx. So, I am not sure if he "really" needed the special formula.

Dd2's bumm is looking so so much better. Her poops are still getting less often but she is not nursing was well as I think she should. Last night she was so tired I was lucky if I got 8min of nursing. I will never get use to the bf thing... and bf baby poop. To me if it were the other kids at her age she would have been switched to a lactofree or gentlease formula two weeks ago because she has had nothing but liquid poop not seedie look and way way thinner than mustard. So, am lost again. She goes to the ped next Friday for her 6wk check up and shots. I know I should not worry but my other two kids gained (and still gain) weight slowly which is a reason we did not change peds after we moved. She knows our other two kids the only difference now is this one is bf.

I am all for supplementing after the last few days my nipples hurt so much. I did try the lanoin(sp) cream in the hospital and she refused to nurse from me. It was bad it was a cryfest for 1hr until I asked the nurse to bring me a bottle. She cried so hard and so long she lost her little voice. I asked the lc at the hospital and she said some babies will refuse the breast because the change in smell and texture due to the lotion. I am oh lucky me.

Anywho, I am open to any more ideas. Dh does not think it is diary either because she would have had more poop diapers and her poop diapers are getting less and changing colors.

Anywho, kids are still sleeping so am going to get 20min of GMA in.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

I would not worry about how much DD is nursing as long as her output is good. Some babies are very efficient nursers, so just make sure that she is having enough wet diapers. Breastfed babies poo is so different than formula fed babies. I'm sure that it is hard to get used to if you are used to formula fed babies diapers. My best friend was mortifide at my DD diapers As for the cream I would put it on right after DD nursed and then it would have mostly dried by the time she nursed. If there was any left I would wipe it off. Could it be that her latch is bad? That could cause pain. Maybe you could have a Leader or LC check it out for you. Also, could you have someone check out a dirty diaper for you? That way you would know if it was something to worry about or not. My guess is that it would ease your mind.

I just watched some videos and learned I am having latch issues. My luck is there are not LLL people within an 1hr drive from my house. On top of that the LC in my area prices start at $100 for office visit $150ish for in home visit and both appt. require me to have someone here to take care of the other two kids while I get the help I need. Dh works m-f 9-5 and my mom works m-sat. and my mil is moving...I have not physical friends to come over and help me for the 4hours.

I am so frustrated I want to cry because of all our issues it is my fault. I have been latching her on the same way since day one at the hospital and I was told I was doing it right.

All I know she has been asleep since 730pm and should be waking soon because my breast are getting all tingly(sp) inside. I think I will give it two more weeks and if nothing improves I going to give up.

If there are no LLL leaders close by if you talk to one further away they might be able to direct you either over the phone or to another resource that might be able to help. In my town there is a place called the Mother Baby Center and basically, if you are upfront with them and tell them you can't afford the visit but are having a lot of problems they try to find other funding to help you pay for it like by donation (at this center it's called Mother's Helping Hands). I know it's a long shot but I had to at least suggest it for you! I'm sorry it's been so difficult for you and I hope you get the help you need soon!
    Jackie

"Breastfeeding is an unsentimental metaphor for how love works, in a way. You don't decide how much and how deeply to love--you respond to the beloved, and give with joy exactly as much as they want."
    ~ Marni Jackson"

I have one Women's Center close by and then one more 45min away. I got the numbers and plan on calling them tomorrow for help. Then I will ask dh for the money.

glad you have found out what the issue is...stay encouraged
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

We will see. I am giving it two more weeks. I need to get to the 8th week. I have done so much reading tonight I am going cross eyed.

I have learned ~ I have poor latch issues, a possible fore/hind milk imbalace, I do not wake her if she falls asleep. Most times I fall asleep with her , feeding her on the one side for each feeding is good....

I need help

We will see she is 5.5 weeks and I want to get to 8wks then if still have issues and I can not get time and money to see a LC then I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by mom23cuties View Post
    We will see she is 5.5 weeks and I want to get to 8wks then if still have issues and I can not get time and money to see a LC then I am done.
    I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time. Just a thought...wouldn't paying a LC(if you can't find another way) one time, be cheaper then formula for a year or more? Believe me if you can get some help things will be so much easier and you will be so glad that you hung in there I was so close to quiting so many times the first few months. I'm so glad that I didn't, I can't imagine anything easier now. Hang in there mama, we're all here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by mom23cuties View Post
    I have learned ~ I have poor latch issues, a possible fore/hind milk imbalace, I do not wake her if she falls asleep. Most times I fall asleep with her , feeding her on the one side for each feeding is good....

Too much reading is dangerous. Listen to your baby and listen to your mothering instict. That's all you really need.

There's nothing wrong with falling asleep when your baby nurses. Breastfeeding produces a hormone that relaxes both mother and baby.