Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is going on...need help

Default Re: What is going on...need help

Quote Originally Posted by mom23cuties View Post
    HOLY SORE NIPPLES!!!! Dd2 just went down after a 3 HOUR feeding fest. I think she thought I was and endless bowl of soup. DUDE both my nipples and breast hurt as far back as to under my pits. Even my shoulders hurt. I will try to never complain or question dd2 not eatting because she made up for it like a bat out of you know where.

I have a sling but dh does not want me to use now. He is unsure of the rings I bought from JoAnn's, so thanks to another mom here I am ordering new rings and hope to have it remade by the next weekend.

I still have no idea what is up thought. Dh told me to give her ff for a few days because something in my milk is bugging her. Her liquid poop is not getting better and both of her bumm cheeks are red, blistered, and bleeding I have my magic paste but I can not stop the liquid poop. So, he wants to see if it truly my bm.

bbl gatta go
    Oh, I know those 3 hour + sessions well... My LO has had a few of them herself.

Have you given up dairy? If you have it can take a few weeks to show improvement, if you haven't yet you may want to try it. I would try to avoid the formula if at all possible, especially for more then just one or two feeds (my LO has to get formula sometimes when I'm at work because I can't always get enough pumped for her). You'd have to pump for each of the formula bottles you fed her, and if it's dairy bothering her then regular formula won't help either.

When my LO's butt got like that and we had the nasty green poop (mucus and all) the only thing that fixed it was me cutting out milk. I'm still able to have cheese, but I cannot drink milk or that's what happens to my DD2.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

her butt could also be red from the wipes that you use. I found out very early on that my DS's cheeks were very sensitive. To help clear it up you may want to use just warm water on some wash cloths for a while.

As Jazzy said, if you have not cut out dairy, do it. If you are drinking caffeinated coffee, cut it out too. I know it sounds like a lot, but your lo will outgrow these sensitivities most likely by about 4 months or so.

Stay away from formula...your supply is finally up - you do not want to jeopardize that! Tell your husband that when he grows boobs then you will take bfing advice from him, but until then you are going to listen to the moms on the LLL forums with real world experience

Could it also be disposables? I know that the chemicals are really harsh and do affect some babys? I wouldn't supplement. Many moms have had babys have green poop and it could be your little one isn't getting enough hind milk. If you did give her anything out of a bottle I would do breast milk AFTER she has nursed but really I would try the pp suggestion and try cutting out dairy

Quote Originally Posted by ProudHooahWife View Post
    Could it also be disposables? I know that the chemicals are really harsh and do affect some babys? I wouldn't supplement. Many moms have had babys have green poop and it could be your little one isn't getting enough hind milk. If you did give her anything out of a bottle I would do breast milk AFTER she has nursed but really I would try the pp suggestion and try cutting out dairy
    DD2 also has an allergy to the type of diaper we started using after I cut the milk out and was getting better. My mom had bought her some diapers to try to help out and in the end we had to get rid of those and buy something different. The diapers she bought were causing very sore butt, and not much was making it better until we tried different diapers.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

This is getting to complicated. just want to and I am trying really hard not to. After last night I got 1.5hrs of sleep. Otherwise, she was up every hour feed for 5 -20 min and then sleep but would not sleep in her cradle. She had a poop diaper every hour along with pee. I was covered in poop because she found it funny to poop when I was just reach under with a new clean diaper.

I gave her one bottle last night and she slept for 4 hours. Afterwards, it was too difficult for me to take care her pump and sleep. Little did I know sleep was not on my menu last night.

Anywho, I have to run and feed the other two and if dd2 is kind to me I will get to eat. I am so hungry and out of water and tired CRAP I was suppose to start the pill last night and just remember I did not. Well, I guess I will have to wait until next Sunday.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Sorry to hear you are having problems...My lo just turned 2 months and we also had a struggle between 5-7 weeks. Especially since I had to return to work. It really does sound like a growth spurt. Those are very stressful, but have hope, they pass!

As far as house keeping, FORGET IT. To me my baby is more important than a nice looking house. I just did the basics and my DH did the rest. He does what ever it takes so that I will continue to bf. Tell mom and DH that you need their support even more now (men can't take clues, you have to be blunt).

Stay encouraged!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Dh is very supportive of the bf thing. He just wants to know what is going on with dd2. So, if the formula helps then we know it is not a diary issue and we need to really see what I am eatting. If the formula does not help then we can almost be certain milk is the reason. Just the idea of not having enough time for other things to feed her a bottle, pump and take care of the other two kids.

Oops gatta go read a book to ds. bbl

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND

OK-
    I know you've been dealing with this for awhile now, but it sounds exactly what happened with us. We went for several weeks with dd like this until I figured it out. It started out with the same sleeping and feeding faster. Here's what it sounds like to me.
    When your dd feeds for shorter amounts of time, maybe she's getting more foremilk than hindmilk. This will cause green stooling, extra gas for some babies, and for mine it caused a terrible raw bottom! I mean really bad, blistered and bleeding at times. She pooped green all the time and seemed fussier too. She would wake up to eat more often after this cycle started, and finally I found some advice on this forum about block feeding where you feed on one side for more than one feeding or for a certain amount of time before you use the other side, and it worked!
    Her rash went away after about a week! And her poops went back to yellow after a day or two. And she also stopped nursing once an hour. I think she was doing this too comfort herself. I mean her bottom was raw and her tummy didn't feel good either.
    So the theory behind this block feeding method is that they get more hindmilk that way. The foremilk at the beginnign of a feed gives them a higher amount of lactose and less fat in the feeding, and that causes the green stools and other problems I mentioned. There is a lot of info on this forum about this method too.
    I thought it was my diet at first and cut out all kinds of foods. Then I tried changing wipes, diapers, and even diaper rash cream to no avail.
    I would find the links to this for you if I had time, but we have a dr. appt this am, and I just got my oldest five kids off to school, and two more to get ready and out the door. So try searching for block feeding and foremilk/ hindmilk imbalance.
    It is possible your baby is sensitive to your diet or her diapers, etc. but it sounds like she is getting too much foremilk. It doesn;t hurt t o try this method for a few days and see if it gets better.
    Hang in there, your milk is not bad for her, and you are doing a great job!
    Let us know what happens and keep us updated.

If the formula seems to help it may only be that it takes longer to digest, which makes lo satisfied longer than BM.... so that still maynot solve your issue
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Thanks Chantel1977 I will try to research tonight.

I just can not believe liquid poop like this is normal for some babies.

She is finally down for a nap it took me all morning and now she is missing what I thought was her normal feeding time. Just as I thought I had a groove with her something throws it off. Kids

I did call a LL Leader a couple towns away. At least I hope the information I have is right I keep getting old numbers and old leader.

Anywho, I am hoping she can come to my house and help me make sure I am not doing something wrong and maybe help me use my sling.

Anywho, I got the other two kids down so I am going to enjoy a cream soda and laundry and my family say I am boring...LOL