Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is going on...need help

Default Re: What is going on...need help

Quote Originally Posted by LLL_Jolie View Post
    Have you called your local LLL Leader? She would be a great source of information and support.
    I do not have one in my area. I am still trying to find someone. I have to call someone about 2 or more towns away to see if she will help me.

So, I do not need to worry about green poop?

I do not normally watch the clock but this morning have not done much except feed lunch to the family. Otherwise, she sleeps for a show period and nurses and then sleeps pees and poops.

Dh was wondering if this is cluster feeding being she is due for a growth spurt at 6-8wks and she is 5wks now. May be she is getting me ready for the "real" cluster feeding.

Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

So now my mom wants to know if bf is still worth saving $178 or more a month. Because I am getting 3hrs of sleep and then having to let things go around the house or dd1 hair does not get brushed until after naps or their teeth are not brushed until after dinner or my trash is over flowing and my laundry is piling up.

I told her things will get better in about three more weeks...I am right, right things get better after 8wks?

YES it is worth it...tell her you need support, and the other stuff can wait. Can she help you get some of the laundry done...

Do you think it is worth it? Things will get better but for anyone to give you a magical date is not realistic. Take one day at a time is my best advice. It will never be like it was before dd2, so maybe that is what you need to reconcile????

Quote Originally Posted by raline View Post
    Take one day at a time is my best advice. It will never be like it was before dd2, so maybe that is what you need to reconcile????
    That is just want my ob/gyn told me Friday. I expect things to keep rolling like they did before dd2 was born and he said no way. He said take each day at a time and find my groove. But once I find my groove it will get missed up with the holiday coming. But thing will get better.

Thanks ladies dd2 had been asleep for 1.5hrs now and I am too dumb to sleep I have been doing laundry. and drinking coffee.

How did you come up wtih $178/week? It's about so much more than the cost of formula or whatever that number represents. How about all the doctors visits you won't have to make because breastfed babies are so much healthier?? It's also about creating a special bond between you and your baby... and SO MUCH MORE.

It gets SO MUCH easier... I would say sometime between 8 and 12 weeks. I agree to just take it one day at a time. Someday you will look back and these challenging days will all just be a memory!

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

Quote Originally Posted by mom23cuties View Post
    He said take each day at a time and find my groove. But once I find my groove it will get missed up with the holiday coming. But thing will get better.
    Sister, don't borrow trouble! I stress too about the future and I have to remind myself that it is futile b/c I cannot predict anything!

Well, I had advice, but everyone already said it!

I agree with the pp ^^ Worry about tomorrow when tomorrow gets here.

You're doing a great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by fergie830 View Post
    How did you come up wtih $178/week? It's about so much more than the cost of formula or whatever that number represents.
    Sorry that was a month not a week and that is about what i would cost to ff her if she was on reg. formula and not special stuff like my previous two. Then for get it dude. It cost $400 a month to ff ds and about $250 for dd1.

Quote Originally Posted by raline View Post
    Sister, don't borrow trouble! I stress too about the future and I have to remind myself that it is futile b/c I cannot predict anything!
    So true.

SLEEP WHEN YOUR BABY SLEEPS! Seriously. The laundry can wait. You are not super woman. You are just a woman. You need your rest so that you can feel your best and be a better mother to your children.

Do you have a sling or baby carrier? Carry your baby while you do chores like sort laundry, start a load, ect.

Ask your older children to help you sort the laundry for folding. Even young kids can recognize colors. Use the crockpot to make a delicious supper with minimal prep work. Clean up the bathroom while everything is still steamy from your shower. Vacuum while you carry your baby. When family and friends stop by for a visit, ask for help! Rinse the dishes as soon as you eat from them, that way if you don't get to them right away they are not gunky.

On the green poop thing, if it's a once in a while issue, it's not a concern. Green is a normal color variation.

No, things won't be the same around your house. You have three little ones to care for. Your house won't be Martha Stewart perfect, but it will be filled with love. That's all that matters. Remind yourself of that--daily!

HOLY SORE NIPPLES!!!! Dd2 just went down after a 3 HOUR feeding fest. I think she thought I was and endless bowl of soup. DUDE both my nipples and breast hurt as far back as to under my pits. Even my shoulders hurt. I will try to never complain or question dd2 not eatting because she made up for it like a bat out of you know where.

I have a sling but dh does not want me to use now. He is unsure of the rings I bought from JoAnn's, so thanks to another mom here I am ordering new rings and hope to have it remade by the next weekend.

I still have no idea what is up thought. Dh told me to give her ff for a few days because something in my milk is bugging her. Her liquid poop is not getting better and both of her bumm cheeks are red, blistered, and bleeding I have my magic paste but I can not stop the liquid poop. So, he wants to see if it truly my bm.

bbl gatta go