Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: PIS vs. Advanced PIS

Default PIS vs. Advanced PIS

We have a discount program at work so that I can purchase either the Pump in Style or the Pump in Style Advanced. I am due in August and will be returning to work full-time after the baby is about 3 months old. This will be my first time pumping. I've read a bunch about the differences in the PIS and PISA but I still don't know which one to buy. Any recommendations? Thank you!!

Default Re: PIS vs. Advanced PIS

I guess that would depend on how often you will use the pump and how much money you want to spend (even after the discount).

I have never used the PIS, but since we EP, I purchased the PISA because of the let-down feature - it's supposed to be more like baby (which I found to be true). It was important to me to buy the biggest-baddest pump our money could buy (and was available in our area) because I pump 5 times a day and will for about a year.

Default Re: PIS vs. Advanced PIS

I had the same problem in deciding which pump and I ended up going with the original. Only because when I read the reviews for both pumps the majority of people were happy with the original and people were saying that the advance can be difficult for moms with multiple letdowns or that have difficulty with letdowns. So, I didn't know if I had either of those problems so I bought the original and I'm happy with it. Here is a link for the amazon.com medela advance ad the 1st review was very helpful. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance