Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Anyone take a "Z-pack" while bf'ing?

Default Anyone take a "Z-pack" while bf'ing?

I have been prescribed a z-pack (zithromycin) for sore throat infection, and my daugther is on Amoxicillin for ear infection and congestion. We both are on Nasonex. I find today her little rectum is raw. We use A&D ointment but it's still raw -never had this problem before. Could my antibiotics be causing this? She has pooped 3-4 times today when she is usually a every other day pooper...Any advice is appreciated.

Default Re: Anyone take a "Z-pack" while bf'ing?

I am a little unsure about the diaper rash or as to what has caused it but you can rest assure the Zpack is safe. I just finished one for mastitis. I questioned the dr about it and he said it was fine but to reassure me he looked it up in his 'book of drugs.' I'd call the dr about the rash. Our dr makes a cream in the office that is great. I wish they'd give me a huge jar of it! good luck!!

Thanks I called my pharmacy and spoke with the pharmacist. HE said it's due to the antibiotics killings all the good and bad stuff and told me I need to put some good bacteria back in her. So he recommended me getting Culturelle and putting in a bottle of bm. And this also would help with the little diarrhea that she has from her meds...

Does sound like a yeast infection. That's one of the side effects of antibiotics unfortunately =(

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

WE both get thrush anytime either of us has to take antibiotics.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin