Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, I am a human milk factory?? Is this TOO much??

Default Re: Help, I am a human milk factory?? Is this TOO much??

you would not think that something so little could put away so much food! When my ds was 3 weeks old, my MIL came to visit (had never been around an exclusively bfed baby) and when I would go to feed him every hour and a half or so, she would say surely he is not hungry...

mine still makes comments and my baby girl is 4.5 months. Every baby is different and it does get easier where as the bottle feeding does not, that is what it is kwim. I was a exclusive pumper for a while and desperate for my lo to get it straight from the source. You will get through it and once you have you will feel good knowing you are providing the best food for your little babes tummy
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

Quote Originally Posted by gumbokins View Post
    ok, so i'm not alone in feeling like this! how does anybody get anything done at this rate?
    You are getting plenty done! You're caring for your LO which is your priority right now. Laundry/dishes/ect can wait.....It won't last forever.

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

you are doing great! i know it seems insane. i remember feeling exactly like you do just a couple weeks ago. what you're experiencing is completely normal. it seems like the first 4 weeks of their life, babies are in a constant "growth spurt". they are always hungry and always on the boob. nobody really tells you this.

you are not supposed to get anything done! just sleep, and let the LO nurse as often as it wants. no need to supplement. the LO will make more milk come. there will be days when you can barely get up from your nursing chair, and that's ok. just accept it and enjoy your time together. it will get better soon. eventually, the LO will eat more efficiently and less often.