Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: solids and poop

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default solids and poop

do solids make babies go longer between pooping? it seems that when my LO started solids, she started to go 3-5 days between pooping, rather than every day. Thoughts? It'll just give me peace of mind.

Default Re: solids and poop

My dd used to go about once a week when I was EBF. Now that she is on solids she goes every day.
    Mummy to sweet little Roselyne, born 20 Dec 2006 and Baby Arthur born 4 Aug 2008

Depends on what you are feeding them. Some foods are really binding for babies. Like cereal and bananas. Too much fibre without enough water also does that. The P's make them go easier: peaches, pears, peas, prunes.
    Caylen Koen Chew (25/05/06)
    Lost No.2 in Aug 2008 ... Lost No. 3 in May 2009 Hoping for another ... Enjoying No.1

We were similar- LO had a BIG BM every day (" 'xplosions" ) while we were EBF, but since we started solids (a month ago), BM had been spread out.
    Our ped said it was normal... whenever LO gets cereal (rice or oatmeal), I always mix it with BM. And, the Ps helped too!
    Now that he's had a variety of foods, BM schedule is better: about once every other day- but no more "'xplosions"- just paste.... stinky paste.

MK

The p's! That's a great way to remember it!