Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Years!

Default 2 Years!

Before Mark was even born I got it into my head that I really would like to nurse a baby till at least 2. I honestly didn't think I'd make it. I'm so excited that he's still nursing! Yesterday I got all the kids hair cut and the lady cut Mark's hair more than I wanted. His curls were gone and he very much has a little boy hair cut. I told my dh last night that I felt like I was nursing a marine.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Default Re: 2 Years!

Congratulations! And happy birthday to your little boy.I hope you're having a lovely day.
    My youngest is 2 tomorrow. The time passes so quickly doesn't it?

Yikes, I'm so afraid of giving Jeremy a haircut and losing his curls! DF and I have frequent debates about that -- I've let him make a snip here and there if it gets too wild, but that's it. Congratulations on making it to two years!!!!!
    Annie
    Mama to Jeremy Daniel (12/10/2005)

I'm a late cloth convert...and you? :tumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    Yikes, I'm so afraid of giving Jeremy a haircut and losing his curls! DF and I have frequent debates about that -- I've let him make a snip here and there if it gets too wild, but that's it. Congratulations on making it to two years!!!!!
    I think he'll grow them back. Paul did for a long time and it's still fairly wavy at 5. He's had 2 haircuts before but they always left more baby curl in the back. The upside is that I spent like $55 getting them all haircuts, but Mark shouldn't need one till XMas.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Happy birthday, Mark!! And congrats on 2 years of nursing!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Happy Birthday and Congrats to you!!!
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

Happy Birthday and Congrats!

happy birthday!

Mark!!! And for 2 years of nursing!!!! VERY exciting Laura!