Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My 5 mo today...ate oatmeal

Default My 5 mo today...ate oatmeal

I thought I would see how he would react...HE LOVED IT!! He even grabbed the bowl out of my hand...perhaps that means he is ready???? LOL I am still only planning on giving him a little bit, as I plan to exclusively breastfeed for a while. I didn't expect him to take to it SOOOOOOO well!!

Hehe...

Now my other question...my LC told me that really they need protiens more than anything else...any advice on this??

Default Re: My 5 mo today...ate oatmeal

as for the oatmeal, I gave my son some at 5.5 months, and he chowed down as well! I didnt give it to him often, because he became really constipated after trying it (11 days with no poop!) so after he was six months I started giving it to him a little more at a time. I dont give him cereal anymore, but thats just my personal choice.

but for the protein question, I am not sure...I guess as long as he is still EBF he is fine. But hopefully someone will chime in that knows for sure!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Default Re: My 5 mo today...ate oatmeal

The only thing he really 'needs' for the first year of life is bm All other solids that might be introduced (and recommendedly so after 6 mo or when they show all signs of readiness) are for experimentation purposes

Good luck
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.