Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: growth spurt PLEASE HELP READY TO GIVE UP

Default Re: growth spurt PLEASE HELP READY TO GIVE UP

http://C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak Pictures\2007-08-24

Regarding the housework...can you get your older ones to help out? They are old enough to help with some stuff.

Thankfully for me I was already a lazy housekeeper so I don't sweat the house looking perfect!
    Dana
    Wife to Jonathan Edward, 3/29/2002
    Mother of Alexander "Lex" Edward, 3/4/2007
    Attachment Parenting - it's not what you do, it's why you do it.
    Breastfeeding
    Co-Sleeping
    Wearing Lex as often as possible
    Daytime cloth diaperer, nighttime sposie user

hi sorry its 1/2 oz a day ,
    No problem 1/2 oz a day is great. We like to see an average of 3-7 oz/week, so he's right on track with that.

Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

It's so true that formula will not cure the fussiness. I frequent another message board and all the formula fed LO's are just as fussy and needy as our breastfed LO's. The only difference is anyone can feed them and that is not the case with our babes. Breastfeeding is so demanding in those first few weeks especially during the growth spurts. I myself was ready to quit and there were quite a few times I remember wishing I had never started (granted these thoughts usually occurred at 3am). The truth is it really does get easier and you just have to keep pushing yourself past the moments when you just want to quit. I love nursing my daughter now and I think most mom's would love to BFeed if they just allow themselves to get past the super hard begining.

I can see now why it is encouraged to stick it out for 6 weeks before you make a decision to switch to formula.

im so so glad a posted on ere its helped me so much, and my little girl does help shes been great, and also had lots of treats for doing so.
    i think i would regret giving up so im determind to stick at it and i know it will be worth it .
    THANKYOU ALL THAT HAVE HELPED