Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: really struggling.......... :(

Default really struggling.......... :(

hi,

sorry for the moan, but I am really fed up! I know people go through much worse than this, but I keep getting blocked ducts. I have two other children to look after and am so fed up with getting flu and shivering. I wake up everyday with engorged breasts and have blocked ducts alot. I am trying this block feeding thing so reduce my supply as I also have an OALD.

I know people feed through thrush and nursing strikes, but this is the one thing that makes me want to quit. I am so fed up with feeling ill. I just want to feed my baby.

feeling very sorry for myself. sorry for the rant.

Default Re: really struggling.......... :(

Well, I just want to encourage you! I don't know how it feels to be sick all the time and try to BF, but I know you can do it!
    you are doing a great job!

there are a few things you can do about recurrent plugged ducts heres a good link about it..
    don't be afraid to call your local leader she can tell you more.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...-mastitis.html

Don't let this ruin your bonding with your child, or your sanity. Breastfeeding can be a challenge. Don't feel guilty about transitioning to formula, if it would help you emotionally and physically!
    I do a combination of breastmilk (mostly expressed) and formula, and I think that baby and I are much happier because of it!