Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeding 10 month old +

Default feeding 10 month old +

Hi,

Id like some tips on easy foods which i can feed my 10 month old girl. Ive try the avocado and natural yogurt, minced meat, pasta, toast and cheese, egg yokes .......

Maybe im not feeding her enough to help her put on weight. Im alittle clueless in the kitchen and would really appreciate some help from you guys.

Thanks,
    Dawn

Default Re: feeding 10 month old +

My two are now almost 12 mo and eat the following:

Lunch meat
    couscus - love it
    grits - southern thing
    bagels with cream cheese
    cheese - they love the crumbles or shredded
    ravioli
    spagetti
    toast w/butter
    waffles
    pancakes
    biscuits & gravy - again a southern thing
    kiwi
    apples
    pears
    peaches
    freeze dried apples
    bananas
    mixed veg (frozen) - just tried w cheese and loved it)
    mac & cheese
    loved steak
    bbq chicken & pork (w/o sauce)
    lemon biscotti
    arrowroot cookies
    gerber puffs and crunchies
    Cheeseburgers
    French fries - also sweet potato fries (baked)
    cottage cheese

I would start her eating what you are eating (other than the major allergy stuff)
    Nancy
    Mom to Elijah & Audrey 9/19/06
    Twin GERDlings

for 21 mo

Those are all great ones. My lo loves bananas, cheerios, all kinds of veggies (esp brocolli), beans (esp. black beans), rice, cheese, turkey (lunchmeat), oatmeal, dried fruits, and really anything that we eat as long as it's not too greasy or spicy.

I'm sure your lo is fine, she should still be getting the majority of her nutrition from your breast milk at this age. I try to make my lo's mealtimes fun and relaxed. Sometimes she just plays with what I give her and sometimes she eats it all!

Haha, after reading the pp, I remember that my lo looooves grits, too. Especially if I put a little cheese in there. She'll eat an entire packet of instant grits by herself!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

wow Nancy, your feeding your baby cheeseburgers and french fries...aint that starting them into a bad habit?

Do you think cooked minced meat and soft cheese mixed in is good enough to serve?...suppose it might be abit bland (my cooking is really bland), i'll try it tomorrow and see...

I heard frying food is not recommended for babies...is this true and if so which other cooking methods you use? I dont have a baking oven

Quote Originally Posted by dawnf View Post
    I heard frying food is not recommended for babies...is this true and if so which other cooking methods you use? I dont have a baking oven
    i steam sometimes but what about poaching?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Or sauteing. I saute veggies a lot- broccoli, squash, zucchini, carrots, green beans (another favorite, though I usually steam these for baby since they can be kind of tough)
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by dawnf View Post
    wow Nancy, your feeding your baby cheeseburgers and french fries...aint that starting them into a bad habit?
    Homemade baked french fries are not much different than a homemade baked potato. You can use ground turkey and whole wheat bread for the burger. It's not that bad.

Hope you don't mind me stepping in Nancy!
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

Brandi Thanks!

We do the burgers on the grill to get them really well done. (The Ped said to try anything to get them to eat protein.) The fries are really easy in a toaster oven and shoestring ones are the perfect size for the kids.

I figure I would rather try to get them to eat protein/meat then to have to give them iron drops (which are really nasty).

I guess if you are shocked at burgers and fries, then hamburger helper is out??
    Nancy
    Twin GERDlings

for 21 mo

warning: stealing your thread!

nancy, your lo's really did ok with biscuits and gravy? it's my fave (my mom is a west virginia girl) and can't wait for ds to try it! did you do sausage gravy? that's how i make mine.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

I made homemade sausage gravy (with mild sausage). They love it. The biscuits are of course their fav, but the sausage is a close second. By making it myself I can also control the level of salt and pepper.
    Nancy
    Twin GERDlings

for 21 mo