Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breast Pump.....

Default Breast Pump.....

I was wondering what type of pumps out there are the best and roughly what do they cost?

Default Re: Breast Pump.....

Here is a link on their use, quality and price:
    http://www.leron-line.com/updates/Breast_Pumps.htm

I have seen pumps for sale on Ebay if you have time to look you might find a good deal there. That being said make sure you get one that is NEW SEALED IN BOX as you don't know where those pumps have been.

I have the Medela Swing as I only pump occasionally and it worked best for me. If you go on the medela website there is a little quiz type thing you take and it asks questions (ie how many times you plan to pump, daily, weekly ect) and it tells you which is good for you. That is if you want to go with a Medela. The have a great reputaion for standing behind their pumps. I had an issue with one and they sent me a bunch of free parts as I could not get down to the local one anytime soon. Then I went in and they cleaned if for me... works like a charm.

My SIL swears by her Avent Isis (I think its called Isis the manual one) I think its all a matter of prefference. You could always rent a pump, that way you get a top of the line one, and you only need to purchase the parts that touch you, that way if you find you don't like to pump you give it back.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

I bought mine at lactationcare.com and got it cheaper than they sell them at Babies R Us.
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

I also have the Swing and I work full time and it still works great. I bought mine for $149, but I have seen them as low as $99 online.

Babies R US also have coupons on some of the other models.

Why are you pumping? There are tons of different pumps for different needs... so you can go as cheap as $49 to expensive as $320
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Thanks for the response. I want to pump to increase my supply and to also optain for when mixing his cereal or meals. I haven't had much luck with pumping lately, and don't have a lot of experience with it either. Someone recommended Ameda pumps. Any ideas on that?

I purchased my Medela PISA off Craig's List. I think a used one is fine since it is just the motor. I had the accessories from my first dd - I used an older PIS one from my SIL for dd#1. I like the PISA much better since it has the dual speeds - I think it was kept my supply up much better than the older PIS one did. I also pump 3X's at work (every 2.5 hrs).

You can get new pump accessories separately - shields, tubing, collection containers, etc. I found an ebay Medela seller for new accessory parts.

Amy

I have heard the Ameda Purely Yours and the Medela Pump in Style are both good and very similar in quality. I have the Medela Pump in Style Advanced and have not had any problems yet.
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

There is a pumping forum, further down the page. They might be able to help you more with your question there.

I had problems pumping sometimes. When my twins were born, I tried pumping when my milk came in, and had NO success. When I was bf my singleton, I sometimes would have problems with letdown, particularly when I would only pump one side at a time. Once I realized that, I pumped both at the same time and would have better luck. It's a bit tricky to get both hooked up at the same time, but once you do it, it's not bad (and it's quicker).

Good luck!

I've used a Medela Pump in Style with all 3 of my kids and swear by them.