Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby Cubes?

Default Baby Cubes?

anybody ever ordered from here? http://www.baby-cubes.com

Default Re: Baby Cubes?

no but its a cool site,I bookmarked it for later~
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

IDK but while it looks cool, couldn't you do it yourself and save the money? I've always made my DC's food myself and frozen it like that...

i also just made food cubes for my son- it is easy, just puree the food, put it into ice cube trays and freeze it! you can also get the book super baby food- it goes through how to make everything you little one could desire!

I agree with mommymarla. If you have time make your own. Freeze them in icecube trays pop them out and put them in ziplock bags. I would make a big batch on the weekend and be set for the month. I would make fruits veggies, this way I could make any combos i liked, Peach and pear, Apple and peach, carrot and apple, peas and carrots ect. I did however buy SweetPea babyfood for the meats. As I did not want to puree meat (ewww) and my DD won't eat meat unless its pureed. I found Sweetpea at some grocery stores and some toysrus stores.

http://www.sweetpeababyfood.com/sweetpeababyfood.php

or you could make your own and buy some from the baby cube place for items you can't make.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

The idea of freezing baby food in icecude trays sounded very strange to me in the begining when I used to prepare my baby's food on a daily basis. But as my LO gets older and require more of my time.. I had no choice but to try it.. And now I love it! Its so easy and convenient. And cheap too since they are frozen in tiny portions so you dont end up wasting too much if ur LO decided that he/she isnt too hungry that day..

Quote Originally Posted by Claires Mama View Post
    I agree with mommymarla. If you have time make your own. Freeze them in icecube trays pop them out and put them in ziplock bags. I would make a big batch on the weekend and be set for the month. I would make fruits veggies, this way I could make any combos i liked, Peach and pear, Apple and peach, carrot and apple, peas and carrots ect. I did however buy SweetPea babyfood for the meats. As I did not want to puree meat (ewww) and my DD won't eat meat unless its pureed. I found Sweetpea at some grocery stores and some toysrus stores.

http://www.sweetpeababyfood.com/sweetpeababyfood.php

or you could make your own and buy some from the baby cube place for items you can't make.
    The pureeing of meat does sound rather icky... Sadly, Sweetpea isn't sold in the US Oh well...sigh...

Thanks for the link though!!

If you think Pureeing meat is bad... try pureeing pizza =p

Looking forward to making my own baby food - I worked at a home for MR adults and two of our residents couldnt eat food that wasnt pudding consitancy... and that means EVERYTHING.

So I have the experience Going to go buy some new icecube trays once Gabe gets going - he has dabbled a bit aka played with some puree but when he starts snacking I want to have plenty on hand!

http://www.lamerepoule.com/fr/accueil/accueil.aspx

DS loved these foods. Organic and they taste pretty good. Not sure if they're available in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by JManon View Post
    http://www.lamerepoule.com/fr/accueil/accueil.aspx

DS loved these foods. Organic and they taste pretty good. Not sure if they're available in the States.
    Yeah I like Mother Hen they have some pretty neat meat combos. But my little one tried their meats, she didn't like them as much as the sweetpea I think its because they have things like rice ect and are great for later stages but my little one is picky when it comes to meats and purees. She'll eat anything carb related ie. toast, puffs, crackers, cheerios but must have her meats, veg and fruit pureed. I'm hoping one day she will eat what we eat. I keep offering, but she keeps spitting it out.

I don't think Mother Hen is avaliable in the US.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.