Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Look ma, no hands!

Default Look ma, no hands!

Nora is a great eater. She'll eat pretty much anything and has been self feeding since about 7 months old (she's 11 months, now). We have really no problems with eating, but she's been doing some odd things at mealtimes lately.

She wants to eat without using her hands . It's sort of funny . I'll put some cheerios on the table or whatever for her and she'll knock them onto the floor, get down on her knees and bend over and pick them off the carpet with her lips. Also, if I try to hand her something to eat- like a piece of cheese, for example- she'll hold her hand right next to mine, line it up very carefully and knock it out of my hand with her fingers. Then she'll get on the floor and eat it. We put cheerios in a bowl attached to her exersaucer, too, and she'll lean over and eat right out of the bowl like a dog. She knows how to use her hands to pick them up and has for ages, but suddenly she won't do it.

Like I said, it's not really a problem, just confusing behavior and I was wondering if anyone else has a child who prefers to eat like a doggy?

We don't even have a dog, I don't know where she got this.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Look ma, no hands!

Sorry, it's just sooo cute. My ds did this because he was very picky about anything wet or smooshy touching his hand. It was so fun that he eventually did it with everything. Did she maybe touch something hot, and is now afraid to pick up her food? Maybe she's just trying something new? I'm sure it will pass soon enough.
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

My son would do that (and he still does sometimes). He would just lean over and eat food out of my (or anyone's) hand or straight off his tray or bowl. He thinks its hilarious.

Mady does the exact same thing! Thats how she eats cheerios, how she picks her paci off the floor, she'll even crawl around with toys in her mouth. We call her our puppy

Ok, I feel better knowing that if she's crazy, at least other babies are crazy, too!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous