Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Rash around sides of lips...teething?

Question Rash around sides of lips...teething?

Our DD has been trying out solids more so within the last week & half. She has also been drooling a ton & putting everything she can get her hands on in her mouth. She is 9.5 mos. I've offered her strawberries within the last few days & yesterday I offered her plain yogurt (which she ate a few spoonfuls, this is a lot for her). Last night my DH & I noticed eczema type rash around the sides of her mouth, could this be from the yogurt or just from teething? I offered the yogurt again today & she only took one spoonful, then was uninterested. If DD is allergic to the strawberries or yogurt would a rash turn up within a couple of days or within a few hours? If it is within a few hours then I know it is the yogurt. Please advise.

Amy

Default Re: Rash around sides of lips...teething?

IMHO yes. DD gets a rash within a day or so of eating dairy and upset tummy sooner. and it does travel fast in the system and register right away (dairy at least) so I would leave both out for a few days, see if it clears and then add them back one at a time. are strawberries okay before 1 yr? i could be wrong but i thought those were one of the pre 1st b-day no nos.

are strawberries okay before 1 yr? i could be wrong but i thought those were one of the pre 1st b-day no nos.
    I don't think they are a big no-no but they tell you to be careful with them b/c they're a common allergen, so if you have a kid that had an allergic reaction in the past or you've family history you should wait to introduce them.

Our ped said a rash around the mouth is an allergic reaction to what they have eaten - most times with red fruit like strawberries or watermelon. dd did it with watermelon - so we held off giving it to her for a while.

It turned out to be the yogurt. She loves cheese and has no reaction to it. It must be something in the yogurt that bothers her. I was surprised how fast the rash appeared.
    Amy