Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There always seems to be something wrong

Default Re: There always seems to be something wrong

this sounds like what my 3 week old is doing. and when she cries, it pierces through the entire housing complex (or feels like it!). it doesn't help that everybody around me is convinced that baby is not getting enough milk, and are always telling me to supplement with formula. but if this is a growth spurt my lo is going through, then i'm just going to have to persevere, even if it means having to spend 4-5 hours every night just nursing and calming her down enough to sleep longer.

babies are unpredictable..ppl ask me if she sleeps well at night, and i can never give them an answer because she keeps me guessing too!

Just wanted to add that the same thing happened to us after my son's ~10 day cluster feed. When my milk supply increased, he just couldn't handle the flow after let-down! My LC suggested keeping his head elevated, and I also express a little milk into a burp cloth by hand. It doesn't always help, and I totally know how frustrating it can get. I hope this helps a little, though!

Try reading the articles
    "Finish the first breast"
    overactive letdown relfex.

I have this problem and it took me 9 weeks to find out how to solve it. every one was telling me that it was normal until they saw my milk literally shoot across the room when Ryan unlatched himself choking.