Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby wont sleep all night

Default Baby wont sleep all night

I have a 24 wk baby. I introduced her on solids a week ago as she started waking up in the middle of the night hungry from not waking up at all. She has had brown rice, apple and sweet potatoe so for. I give her the meal close to bed time. She is still waking up in the middle of the night. Any tips or advice for her to sleep throughout? Thanks

Default Re: Baby wont sleep all night

it might not be the food at all, is she working on any new skills?

6 months is a prime time for a growth spurt too. Between new skill and these growth spurts, "sleeping through the night" is a dream in and of itself. Plus, she could be starting to teeth too. Notice any red/swollen gums??? HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by AJsmommy View Post
    Between new skill and these growth spurts, "sleeping through the night" is a dream in and of itself. Plus, she could be starting to teeth too. Notice any red/swollen gums??? HTH.
    And don't forget when people talk about "sleeping through the night" they are talking about any period of time that last for 4HOURS or more. But seriously...with all the teething that's about to happen, even a baby that WAS sleeping for 4hours stretches will probably stop. Sorry. I know that's not what anyone wants to hear. I came here ready to give my baby formula or rice cereal in a bottle to get him to sleep thru the night at six months It was teeth. If you haven't already, learn to sleep with your baby during the day at nap time. Napping helps a great deal. Good luck.

Way too lazy for formula