Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yellow Stuff in Spit Up!!!!!

Default Yellow Stuff in Spit Up!!!!!

Hi! I have a four month old baby girl who has been a spitter since she was born. Every feeding she spits up (a lot), the doctors say this is normal since she is gaining weight and happy. However, this morning when she spit up there looked like there was bright yellow bile in it. Is this normal?? What can it be? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

Default Re: Yellow Stuff in Spit Up!!!!!

I don't have advise but I thought I'd let you know that my 3 month old has done that twice recently. She always been a frequent spitter too, sometimes with large volume. I mentioned the bright yellow mucus in the spit up to my midwife at our last visit and she didn't seem to concerned. However I was describing a large volume of normal looking spit up with a small amount of yellow bits. That was before the all yellow spit ups occurred. Just wanted to share. Hope it helps.

I've read that can be a sign of reflux. I would mention to pediatrician, only because spitup content can be indicative of other issues.

j

My little one did the same thing. Only once... I was terrified. The ladies on here posted that it was okay, DS does have reflux though. You should mention it to the pedi. when you go next time.

My LO did that not too long ok and the pediatrician wasn't too worried. She had a stuffy nose so he said it was most likely mucus.