Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fenugreek (milk production)

Unhappy Re: Fenugreek (milk production)

Quote Originally Posted by mamapj29 View Post
    I take More Milk Plus and Goats Rue as a supplement and has helped out tremendously with my supply. I also drink the tea too.

What kind of tea do you take? I am having trouble boosting my milk supply also. I am working on relactating my 8-month old baby now.
    I am not drinking any tea right now. I visited my doctor today and she subscribed me and medicine. Since the pharmacy didnt have the medicine, I got the generic version, "Metoclopram". It is a gastric medicine however one of the known side effects is increased milk production. I am STILL waiting for results......

Default Re: Fenugreek (milk production)

I will be looking forward to hear the result of Metoclopram that you are taking right now... . God bless

Smile Re: Fenugreek (milk production)

Quote Originally Posted by rashidat View Post
    Marymud, how did u get into donating? where do u donate and r there any restrictions on what u can eat while donating. I would LOVE to get to that point.
    Hi!

I started a link about it a few months back - I bumped the link in the Around the Refreshment Table section. Here is the direct link: http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=26770

There are not any restrictions on what you eat but there are some restrictions on medications (mostly Rx meds).

I had more milk in my freezer than I could use (and DH wanted some of his freezer space back). I saw another Mom with Milk donating in her tag line and I asked her. She too had a thread with info.

I send in the milk as I find myslef running out of freezer space ;-) It is such a great feeling to know that I am helping out.

Take a look at the link with the details and let me know if you have other questions.

Mary
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk