Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fenugreek (milk production)

Default Re: Fenugreek (milk production)

man I couldn't stomach the tea nor the capsules I still have some if anyone would like to have them just email me your addy and I'll get it sent out ASAP.

marymud r u still pumping and donating along with using it when Samantha needs it when you're not around to nurse her?

Smile Re: Fenugreek (milk production)

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaC View Post

marymud r u still pumping and donating along with using it when Samantha needs it when you're not around to nurse her?
    Yes I am. I feed Samantha fresh milk (milk that I am pumping now or earlier today she will drink tomorrow while at daycare). I generally end up with 15 - 20 ounces extra per week. Of course, this depends on other factors like stress. For example, last week I did not freeze away any milk to donate. I was stressed out (boss was bing an butt-monkey) and I had way too many meetings so I only pumped once a day while at work and never got to go nurse on my lunch hour. My supply dropped some but is doing much better now. I am breaking even today on milk production for her so I will not freeze any. If I have extra tomorrow, I will begin freezing again.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

I have not heard about a peanut allergy but just purchased some Fenugreek. The bottle says do not take while BF or Pregnant... All it contains is Fenugreek so if it increases BM production why would it say that??

Very confused.....
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

I guess the bottle gives those warnings for the same reason a bottle of pamprin says not to take if you have an enlarged prostate - LOL

Thanks for this thread! It's given me some good info too! I am going to get some Fenugreek today. There is a GNC by my house but I do need some things at Target. Does anyone know if Target would sell Fenugreek? Where the herbs are?

I take More Milk Plus and Goats Rue as a supplement and has helped out tremendously with my supply. I also drink the tea too.
    You can buy these at Whole Foods market if there's one close by.
    Here's a link:

http://www.motherlove.com/products_extracts.php

Quote Originally Posted by marymud View Post
    Yes I am. I feed Samantha fresh milk (milk that I am pumping now or earlier today she will drink tomorrow while at daycare). I generally end up with 15 - 20 ounces extra per week. Of course, this depends on other factors like stress. For example, last week I did not freeze away any milk to donate. I was stressed out (boss was bing an butt-monkey) and I had way too many meetings so I only pumped once a day while at work and never got to go nurse on my lunch hour. My supply dropped some but is doing much better now. I am breaking even today on milk production for her so I will not freeze any. If I have extra tomorrow, I will begin freezing again.

Marymud, how did u get into donating? where do u donate and r there any restrictions on what u can eat while donating. I would LOVE to get to that point.

I just found out about this association between Fenugreek and peanut allergy recently too. I did take Fenugreek while nursing my son and he does have a peanut allergy. I was taking it to boost supply with my DD, but stopped taking it when I found this out. Obviously, I can't say whether it did or did not have anything to do with my DS's allergy but it is such a scary and severe allergy that I am not risking it with this LO. HTH!

Question Re: Fenugreek (milk production)

I take More Milk Plus and Goats Rue as a supplement and has helped out tremendously with my supply. I also drink the tea too.

What kind of tea do you take? I am having trouble boosting my milk supply also. I am working on relactating my 8-month old baby now.

I like Yogi Tea's "Womens Nursing Mom" tea. I tried another brand (i forgot the name) but this one taste better. I make it in a pot and drink it all day. (one tea bag per pot is fine) It tastes great cold too so if you forget to drink it all, you can drink it cold.