Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: milk

Default milk

I know we are not supposed to give milk before 12 months but what about things that contain milk? So many foods do...do you limit everything containing milk?
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Default Re: milk

I did things like mashed potatoes with milk, cheese, sour cream, etc from about 8 months on. I was just careful not to give too much in one day and watched him. A few times if I gave him too many dairy products in one day his poops got a little mucousy. Other than that we didn't have any problems.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Default Re: milk

Cheese and yogurt are OK since their proteins are broken down. I haven't given my son anything else containing straight milk (like pudding) until he passed 12 months. Even now I don't give it except for a bite or two from our food if he wants it.