Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!!!!!!!!

Question Help!!!!!!!!

Hi guys,
    I went back to work today and thought I didn't need to stash lots of milk!!! Well, it seems my supply is down.. I am only getting 1-2 oz per side, per session! I use to get 5-6 oz per side.

Michael started solids, and I knew this would affect my supply, but now I am wondering if he is getting enough.

He drank 12 oz between 7:30-3:30 pm
    He had 4 tablespoons of oatmeal ( mixed with water) and 1 stage 2 jar of fruit for breakfast,,,
    Dinner, he had 3 tablespoons of oatmeal and 1/2 jar of chicken/sweet pot.

From 3:30 on, I will nurse him so I don't know how much he will get...

How many oz is he suppose to get? I have been nursing/pumping every 2-3 hours... how long will it take to build my supply???
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Default Re: Help!!!!!!!!

Our ped said 3oz of solids 3 times a day by 7 months. 2tbsp is about 1oz. We aren't doing that much, we're up to 3oz twice a day at 7 months, and during the workday they have about 8-10oz of milk and 3oz of solids. Then they nurse about 3x too. I figure they get at least 26oz of milk, probably more b/c I think they get more than 6oz at a nursing (they've never liked bottles much). By 8 months we should be up to solids 3 times a day, and I plan to drop another bottle around 10 months. Check out the www.kellymom.com website for info on how much he should be drinking. If I remember right, a ~10-12 month old only drinks about 18-19oz of milk a day.

Default Re: Help!!!!!!!!

thanks...
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!