Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im debating this and need some MAJOR help!

Default Re: Im debating this and need some MAJOR help!

http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastf...uteHelper.html

this one is great too if its not one of the ones that was posted before.
    are things any beter today?

My daughter had a tiny mouth and I had to pull down on her chin with 1 finger while latching her on. It really helped and I had no more pain after that.
    Congratulations on your brandnew bundle of joy!!!!!!

It can be SOOO painful to nurse with cracked nipples! You've gotten some great advice so far. I just wanted to add another thing I've heard of in case you still aren't getting any relief. If nothing else seems to work, you can talk to you doc about a mild steroid cream to help your nipples heal. An LC at the lactation center I used to go to for a support group when my LO was little mentioned that she'd had a couple cases where the mom just didn't seem to be able to get the nipples to heal, and the steroid cleared it right up and then she went on to nurse pain free. You of course don't want to resort to that if you don't have to, but if you apply it right after a feed, there will be very little left when your LO nurses at the next feed, and you should be able to find something that is safe. Jack Newman's All Purpose Nipple Ointment includes a steroid (along with antifungal and antibiotic).

Another possibility is could you LO be tongue-tied? That can prevent a proper latch and cause a lot of pain for mom. If it's just that her mouth is really small, hopefully that will remedy itself in not too much time as she grows.

Hope you are feeling better soon.