Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ready to throw in the towel

Default Re: ready to throw in the towel

Yippee!I'm so happy for you! You can be so proud of yourself for hanging in there! You've got a tough job not having your dh there as much as some of us. Keep us up on your progress

Smile Re: ready to throw in the towel

Well, it's been two more days...

We've only had to use a bottle three times in the past 48+ hours... And that was only because I had just fed her, then pumped, and she decided she was still hungry - LOL...

My production is getting better. I can tell a major difference in my boobs. They are filling more rapidly than before. AND - I just put 12 ounces in the freezer for "date night" (like we'll have one of those for a while)!!!!!

thank you ladies for letting me vent. this is the hardest, most important job I've ever had, and now that I'm older, I stress more than I did the first time around - KWIM?

ANYWAY - we're keeping on keeping on.....

Talking Re: ready to throw in the towel

Well, we've made it 11 weeks...

I have to leave formula with my mom when she keeps her for an hour or two because I rarely get to pump, and I'm still struggling with depression, but other than that, we're doing great!!!

Thanks to all you supportive ladies that helped us get through this far

Yay momma!

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

Wink Re: ready to throw in the towel

OWW!!! Im so sorry for all your trouble. I commend you for trying
    so hard. I don't have any advice but that to stay strong and positive.
    Your child deserves the best..Good Luck

@llli*emama is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Don't give up! My LO was very tiny at birth and couldn't latch on for the first 5 weeks. I pumped and pumped but wasn't getting a lot that way. But whatever I pumped got mixed in with her formula and I was happy she was getting anything at all.

Once she was strong enough, her latching improved and my supply jumped. It went down a little bit when she started sleeping through the night so we do have to give her at least one bottle of formula a day - usually she gets two - but I don't mind that so much because she nurses about 3 or 4 times a day and then gets 2 bottles of EBM. The breastmilk far outweighs the formula.

Just remember - if you can't do 100% BFing it's okay. You're still doing something wonderful for your baby. And as your LO gets stronger, your supply will increase! Best of luck!

I do not have any tips but I wanted to give you a and dh a bigger for his support. I hope you find the help here you need. This is the best place for help when you can not find a LC or LLL in our area. Believe me I can not find a LLL and afford a LC and if not for these ladies and my dh I would have gone to ff weeks ago.

I pray things get easier for you and your new baby.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.