Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what are your 11 month olds eatting?

Default what are your 11 month olds eatting?

I need ideas.
    I did give scambled eggs w/ cheese
    turkey meat loaf
    pasta
    little pieces of chicken and beef
    grapes cut up small
    she needs some veggies but spits everything out
    tilapia
    anything else thats quick and easy??
    she is done with baby food I think.... she wants to feed herself so that what we have started to do
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Default Re: what are your 11 month olds eatting?

My (nearly) 11 month old eats pretty much anything that we eat. Except tuna, which we think she is allergic to, milk and eggs, which we are waiting until one year to start. But anything else we have for dinner, she has as well. For example, we'll have grilled chicken and roasted veggies and I'll pull some of the softer bits of chicken (not the hard grilled parts) off and give those to her and just throw the veggies (usually brissels sprouts, carrots, and diced potatoes) on her tray and let her tackle them herself.

I don't really cut things up small for her, since it seems easier for her to hold a big piece of something and take bites off of it. The exception to this is grapes or baby tomatoes or anything else that is small enough to fit perfectly in a windpipe. She loves to be turned loose with a whole half a banana, she just devours it. I just watch her closely for choking and sometimes she starts to, but usually takes care of it herself.

She also eats a lot of whole wheat toast, cheese, lunchmeat turkey, and the ever popular cheerios.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Mady is almost 1, and eats pretty much everything we eat. Her favourites are:

Cheerios
    puffs
    toast
    fig newtons
    scrambled egg yolk w/ cheese
    mozzerella cheese (only kind she really likes)
    pasta
    cottage cheese
    yogurt
    applesauce
    blueberries
    Kiwi
    mango
    cantaloupe
    watermelon
    pears
    peaches
    grilled peppers
    broccoli
    potatos (sweet/white)
    cucumber
    peas
    beans
    fish
    pork
    turkey
    chicken

We don't cut things up either - just watch carefully what makes its way into her mouth.

Thanks I made chicken soup with lotes of veggies... so I know exactly whats in it, and I am making a bannana bread w/ little sugar. I will see how these go. I will try giving bigger hunks and see how she does
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies