Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby crying alot - is it becuase of the shots??

Default Baby crying alot - is it becuase of the shots??

Hello,

My 10 week old son is crying a lot for the past two days. He seems to be fine if we are holding him for sometime, but the minute we put him down he is crying, he nurses for sometime and then start crying again. He was never like this before, he got his two months shots on wednesday. I tried gas drops and that doesn't seem to help. Is anyone in my situation, any help is much appreciated. Also we are going take his first flight this coming thursday any tips on what we should do while we take off or landing,

thanks,

Default Re: Baby crying alot - is it becuase of the shots??

re the shots...typically any fussiness after vaccinations is over in 2-3 days (from our experience). check his temp to be sure of no lingering fever. if your dr allowed tylenol, you could give that if you think that his shot spots are sore. if that's not it...

could also be something you ate. allergies creep in & start showing around that age. my lo has a dairy allergy. i cut out all milk products and she is like new! try reducing or cutting your dairy intake for at least a few weeks & see if that helps. if so, join me on the dairy free!

as for the airplane, we fly in nov and i've been told that nursing or a paci during take off & landing is a good idea...esp on landing though. allows them to suckle/clear their ears. with any luck, he'll sleep most of the trip. i've also been told to fly during nap time. if we could keep the airlines on schedule it would be easier to plan like that!

Thanks for the reply. He does not have fever, but the spot where they gave him shot is swollen and looks sore. I will try the tylenol.

I am not sure if he will nurse when we fly, he is very picky on when he wants to drink. If he is not interested in nursing, he does not even open his mouth and when i try to nurse him he pushes away and starts crying. I am really nervous how our first flight trip is going to be,

thanks,

You are living our life!!!!! My 9 week old got her shots on Thursday and has been the very same way. She only wants me to hold her and is EVEN FUSSIER than normal. We can cross our fingers together that this will improve!!!!!!! With my doc's approval, Ive been giving Lola Tylenol when she seems uncomfortable

My little one caught cold, he is been sneezing and his voice is sore, I don't know if it is becuase of shots,

When my LO got his shots I had to hold him and rock for about 10 hours or he cried. We used the Tylenol which helped. He was back to normal pretty quick, but I am dreading the next round. Ack.

Hope yours feels better.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

My 9 week old had her shots on Wednesday and was definitely fussier afterwards. Wednesday night and Thursday she had a mild fever. Friday she was OK but Saturday she didn't want to sleep much and in the evening cried unless I nursed her. Now, however, she seems to be going back to normal. Good luck!

Shots are hard on the LO.

We used Tylenol 1 hour before the vaccinations and also for the next 24 hours. DS ran a slight fever and he had swollen legs at the injection site.

I think he was more fussy/clingy for about 5 days following the shots but it goes by fast. Hang in there and this will pass!!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by june07mom View Post
    My little one caught cold, he is been sneezing and his voice is sore, I don't know if it is becuase of shots,
    My LO has a cold...has had it for about 2 wks. We just got 4m shots on Sat AM. The shots won't give your LO a cold but may aggrevate symptoms/fussiness.

For the cold, try elevating the crib mattress to have the head higher for the nasal congestion (we used a rolled beach towel for a slight incline on 1 side). I also had to pull out the "snorker" (nasal aspirator) and gave Tylenol at night b/c of the hoarse voice (sore throat from nasal drip). She's getting over it but it was a rough few days while the cold was at its worse. Once you get past the hoarse voice for a few days, you should see things turn around.

As for the fussiness, did it go away w/the Tylenol? Could be that the cold was creeping in & making LO tired. Our LO started to get really fussy today (4 days post shots) so I looked up this thread to see what your resolution was. Turns out we think our LO needs to eat more/bigger bottles while I'm at work. Maybe that's your issue too??? Am anxious to hear how your trip went & if the fussiness went away.