Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do I heat up the milk?

Default How do I heat up the milk?

I know that this is a hard question to get answered, and maybe nobody will have an answer. But I was planning on going to a picnic with my friends and bringing baby along with my pumped milk in bottles. How do I warm up the milk? There won't be a stove, and I've had trouble in the past warming up milk under the faucet. It never gets warm enough! And he hates cold milk. What do you think I should do?

Default Re: How do I heat up the milk?

Tough question...Ok, work with me for a moment...I have seen bottle warmers at Babies R Us that have a car adapter. If you can't find one of those, what about getting a thermos & filling it with hot water. When it is time for baby to eat, put the bottle in the hot water to heat it up. KWIM? Again, just trying to be creative.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

I have the car adapter and it's wonderful. You just plug it in and in a few minutes, it's ready to go. Also, you can get one that is self heating at babys r us, target, and some walmarts like this one...
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000C6OL84

You can only use it once before you have to boil it to return it to its natural state but it works sort of like those hand warmers... you pinch the disc which releases a chemical inside the packet and the packet warms up around the bottle. Works like a charm.

Could you warm it b4 you leave?
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Would you be able to just nurse?