Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No milk so how do you enjoy food?

Default No milk so how do you enjoy food?

Okay my ped. took me off milk because dd2 bm are too too runny. So, is silk okay? More important is it good? I have cereal I want to eat and coffee to drink....I can live without cheese and stuff (sorta) but I am about to give up the whole bf thing.

Default Re: No milk so how do you enjoy food?

I know how you feel!

I gave up dairy for a week to see if it was causing my lo's issues (I know it may take longer than that to know for sure) but it almost destroyed me!

I am a huge milk drinker and love love my cheese.

I dont think I could give up dairy totally. I feel like I have given up so much already...drinks, smoking, sushi, peanuts, etc, etc, etc!

Oh, but I cant answer your question about soy milk either..sorry!

I am a true "whole milker" and I have used Soy. I prefer the Silk brand to the ohters...if you lilke 2% or Skim you may like the other one called essintial 8
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

oh and make sure you get orginal and not the vanilla flavored...I was upset the first time b/c i pupt vanilla milk in my cereal
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

I eliminated all dairy for months.

It can be done. It was tough (but no tougher than quitting smoking). I wanted to succeed with breastfeeding and we've done well!! You can drink soy, but I never got the taste for it - I know some swear by the vanilla, or not at all as the pp said. You can try rice and coconut as well. Just try it all to see what you like. Maybe you can try non-dairy creamers for your coffee?

And just a word of 'warning' and support - try to stick it out with the breastffeeding as if you move to formula, baby may have more diaper problems, as well as other problems .kwim? :

Good luck!
    Last edited by Number3; August 29th, 2007 at 11:46 AM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Good luck I have not drank milk in 3 months...JUst starting to drink it again and it's doesn't seem to effect her now!!!

Rice and almond (as long as there are no nut allergies for you or LO) milks are possible alternatives. The rice milk is pretty sweet, which is good with cereal. It's all a taste preference thing, I think.
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

With my LO I cant do milk, and will probably have to cut out all dairy soon, but I second the rice milk, esp with cereal b/c it has a slightly sweet taste.

i have found that the silk soymilk plus is pretty good. its fortified with omega-3 and some extra vitamins. i find its a good flavor- not as dull as the plain, but not as super sweet as the vanilla. i've been off dairy for quite a while due to my own allergies, its tough but once you get a taste for the soymilk its gets much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMeg View Post
    I dont think I could give up dairy totally. I feel like I have given up so much already...drinks, smoking, sushi, peanuts, etc, etc, etc!

Drinks and sushi are okay in moderation! You don't have to deprive yourself because you're BF'ing, the more you enjoy the 'things you enjoy' the longer you will continue to BF, IFYKWIM!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09