Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 9 week old sensitive to environmental changes?

Default 9 week old sensitive to environmental changes?

My DH has been out of town for three days and today DD and I spent the afternoon with family friends. Nursed her in a quiet room at their house. My DD will be 9 weeks on Monday. Her nursing pattern and general disposition was very different today. She was actually fussy when typically isn't, nursed three times in less than three hours, nursed longer than usual at her nursing sessions.

Are babies this age sensitive to things such as nursing in a strange place and/or daddy not being around to the point that they change their typical nursing pattern?

Default Re: 9 week old sensitive to environmental changes?

they can tell when you are stressed.. also your baby is just about the right age for a growth spurt.
    I bet she will even look bigger in the morning!

Oh, definitely. My son was 10 weeks old when I took him on a road trip to visit family. All the changes and new people definitely had an impact on his behavior. Just go with the flow -- you're doing a great job meeting her needs.

--Rebecca

Mine definitely was.
    She isn't so much now at 6 months. She gets distracted instead and wants to look at and play with everything!
    But at that age, oh yes, she woudl get fussy, etc... she wanted to be home in her normal surroundings.

My 12 week old is very sensitive to change. My first child was so flexible, but DD needs stability and would be happy to stay home every day. She likes things to be predictable and cries when they aren't. It really depends on personality of the babe!!

Thanks for all your in put everyone. Daddy is home, I'll see what happens now. I think it is a growth spurt, though. With all the evening feeding, she gets kind of grouchy when there isn't a full flow right away. . . AND her sleeping is getting better at night. Miracles happen!