Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Newborn bf poop help

Default Newborn bf poop help

Okay I know their diapers are suppose to be mustard yellow with the texture of cottage cheese. Reason I am asking is dd2 diapers are getting runnier and runnier by the day. I have tried to stay away from diary per my ped but I just can not stay away 100%. When she has to go she really gruts and has to push to get what is liquid poop today out. Should I be worried? I mean I am worried because ds had/has poop issues but different reasons and texture and stuff.

I am so lost.

Default Re: Newborn bf poop help

How old is dd2? Could it be she is starting to teeth. My two have always gotten really runny for about a 1-2 mo before the teeth break through (excess drool). If she is straining, have you tried mylecon? If it is still a struggle for her you may want to see the dr. about some Levsin (?sp). It will help relax the stomach cramps from gas and loose poop.

There is also some viruses going around that cause loose poop. My son has had one on and off for a month, the ped just said to wait it out as long as he is not dehydrated.

Good Luck it will get easier.
    Nancy
    Mom to Elijah & Audrey 9/19/06
    Twin GERDlings

for 21 mo

Sorry dd2 is only 3wks old today.

What color is it?? still yellow?? foamy?
    The curds of milk are not always there...just depends on how quickly it is being digested/eliminated. Liquidy poop is okay since breast milk is so easily digested. but depending on the color and other things, maybe there is a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance??
    will look up info for you if it is green poo...(dont you just love how open we are about poo )

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!