Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: totally confused.......pls help

Unhappy totally confused.......pls help

ok so hi everyone!!

so i am a total newbie to this posting thingy....i must say i am very grateful that this forum is here cause i have found lots of things on here very useful.

so first of all i am not sure what all of your abbreviations mean so if someone could explain that would be great....

so on to my question

my daughter is 7 months old, and she's eating her solids very well...so well infact that she seems uninterested in breastmilk. the only time she'll drink for any length is if we lie down for a nap together, and we fall asleep while nursing. if we aren't lying down she only drinks for like maybe 5 minutes...(but i must say she's been a less than enthusiastic drinker all along...but this...) anyhoo, she is also not interested in the bottle although i keep trying....she also doesn't let me out of her sight (shes really attached to me....I'm a single mom so she spends A LOT of time with me lol) and she's never really warmed to the idea of my pumping....so i have only been able to pump sfter she's in bed...but lately i am not getting much milk at all and i am very concerned. she doesn't sleep through the night so she nurses 2-3 times throughout the night. and i want to make sure i have enough milk for her.....I would really appreciate all you input......thanks in advance

Default Re: totally confused.......pls help

on the avg. day how many times does she nurse? does she drink water or juic thruout the day? if so, how much? as far as the quick feedings my LO is 7 months and he can drain a boob in like 3 minutes flat, so length of feed is not always the best judge. how does your boob feel (full, not so full?) after a 5 minute feed?

Default Re: totally confused.......pls help

it doesn't feel very full, but then it doesn't feel very full before she starts......she get water and juice on occaision. not very regular. She nurses three-five times during the day. usually 3 though. but i don't feel the same "let down anymore"