Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can anyone recommend a book about starting solids (how, when, etc.)?

Red face Can anyone recommend a book about starting solids (how, when, etc.)?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but no one is giving a clear idea as to how and when (or what) to start solids. Any good books out there??

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a book about starting solids (how, when, etc.)?

Dr. Sears baby book has great info. (check out his website www.askdrsears.com for more info), and I bought Lizzie Vann's Organic baby food cookbook. It has baby-toddler food and lots of helpful info.

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a book about starting solids (how, when, etc.)?

the womanly art of breastfeeding has a chapter on starting solids.
    much of the same info is here on line
    http://www.llli.org/NB/NBsolids.html

kelly moms has some great info on the reasons to delay
    http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/index.html

The Healthy Baby Meal Planner by Annabel Karmel (I may have spelled her first name wrong, but the last name definitely begins with K).

I agree with MelisaandEvie...Annabel Karmel is great! I highly recommend her book.

my mother gave me a book called " feed me i'm yours " that i have found to be helpful. It does not go into great detail about nutrition or anything too heavy, however, it does give great lists of age appropriate first foods. i felt clueless about what to feed a baby and this book appealed to me because it was very to the point about at what age babies should be able to start different foods.

Thanks everyone...