Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is bf just for expense enough to continue?

Default Re: Is bf just for expense enough to continue?

Wow - your DH sounds great! How lucky you are!!!

Setting a goal is a great plan! : You can do it. I second the sentiment of waiting to start the mini-pill. Are you still taking your prenatals?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I take my prenatals when I remember. I was reading on the net the pill is only 87% - 99% effective. I need no more surprises in my life and I know dh and I will be getting antz in about two months. He refuses condoms because we are married. Would I be wrong for wanting him to wear a condom? Are they 99% effective it has been many many years since we used them.

Well, no you're not wrong for wanting that -

For the most part, the pills ineffectiveness comes with the fact that people don't take them on time every single day. The hormones need a constant wash in your system, so if you're late the hormones aren't in your system as they should be to achieve the goal.

Have you considered an IUD?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I know I'm a little late on the scene, and I haven't taken the time to read all tho ther posts, so maybe this is redundant, but...

For a good 2-3 months I felt like all I was doing was nurse, nurse, nurse. I didn't feel that "bond" many mothers describe, and it didn't seem much to me like my lo really cared one way or another, either. He never looked into my eyes...he was always more interested in other things. I wanted to be able to snuggle with him and play with him and all he wanted from me was food!

I didn't really start to notice a real strong connection between us until around 5-6 months. And now, I am SO GLAD I am still breastfeeding. Our bond really is deeper, I think, because I've breastfed. Plus, since he's started on solids I really appreciate the ease of breastfeeding more-- I just sit down, latch him on, and relax!

Hang in there, Mama!
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

Just wanted to offer you some extra encouragement. With dd1 I didn't think I would make it 6 weeks. She was born on a Tuesday and I would just tell myself, If I can make it until next Tuesday. Next thing I knew she was 2 years old and still on the boob. This time around with dd2 it has been a little better. It will get better for you. I look at my house and wonder where the mess came from, but I know when I am old and gray I will never look back and say I should have cleaned the house, I don't won't to miss a minute with my kiddos, so to heck with the house.

Dd1 has had her share of sickness even though she was strictly breastfed. We fought numerous ear infections and even pnuemonia. So kids will get sick eventually, formula or boob. One way makes you no better mother, it is all in the love, although I am a hugh supporter or breastfeeding.

Also to add, I just started the mini-pill. I took it with dd1 from 6 weeks postpartum until I stopped it to get pg with #2. We didn't have surprises but I took it like clock work. And that is VERY important with the mini-pill. And I don't think condoms are a big deal, just messy and inconvenient.

Good luck and extras HUGS to you!!

breathing better today...i will be okay

What a wonderful husband! I think knowing you have his support might ease a few of your concerns. I've found sometimes all I need is a "good job" from my husband and I feel good again.

I've never been on birth control so I don't have any info on the mini pill, but if he doesn't want to use condoms, would you consider Natural Family Planning? It can be very tedious and you have to follow it EXACTLY, but many, many couples use this method and it works like nobody's business. I have some more info on it, if you'd like it.

It sounds like you're doing a little better. Something else I was thinking about...Do you ever get out for a walk, or just to sit in the fresh air? Being outside can really do wonders for you emotional state.

dh took us (the family) out yesterday after all the naps.

I know NFP all too well that is how I got pg with all three kids and prevented pgs for two yrs between. I am just worried about surprises while bf...KWIM.

dh would like NFP but again no more kids please.

we knew we didn't want anymore after our newest LO so I got my tubes tied

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

I make my dh use condoms because I don't like being on the pill- it messes with my weight and moods and I just generally don't like being on 'medication' all the time. He is pretty ok with it, since he doesn't realy like the medication thing either. Anyway, it is absolutely ok for you to tell him that is what you want, especially if the pill makes you feel bad or if you are afraid of getting pregnant again (although I don't know that condoms are any more effective than pills). Maybe you could get him to just try it for a while and see how it goes. It's not him that has to remember to take that friggin pill every day!!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous