Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is bf just for expense enough to continue?

Default Re: Is bf just for expense enough to continue?

Quote Originally Posted by mom23cuties View Post
    I am tired of being the sole feeder and I think my need to bf it to bond with her. With dd1 she was my first and I had all the time in the world to be with her while pg and after birth. With ds he is my son and I found 2 kids more work than one but not too tough. With dd2 I have no real bond to her. I never took the time to read to her while pg. I was under sooo much stress while pg and I really never enjoyed the pg. I feel guilty because I have no bond with her. When we sit to nurse I get sick, angry, sad, tired, want to cuddle, wish I could just have dh feed her.....I am tired of the emotions.

Thanks for listening ^_~
    You will bond with her! I hope you continue to bf, but even if you don't you will bond with her. I remember after my 3rd was born and I was very emotional the first few weeks and I wondered if I would bond with him. I just didn't have a rush of emotion. My dh just laughed and made some good points. One was that I had done this twice before and I had had a boy before so their wasn't that newness there. But you know now my aunt teases me that Mark is my favorite (and she may be right). Now I do believe that breastfeeding helps the bonding process. It certainly gets you to hold your baby close and I think the hormones play a role as well. But if you love your other children you will love this one too. Just give yourself a little time.
    Last edited by @llli*AllNightDQ; August 31st, 2007 at 12:25 PM.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.