Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!

Unhappy Help!

My second son is 5 weeks old, and I'm breastfeeding him. Everything was ok for the first couple of weeks, but 1 or 2 weeks ago he started to be fuzzy all the time. My doc said it could be colic, and ask me to avoid dairy products. I'm not a "milk" person. I drink fat free lactose free milk, and eat "soft" cheeses, like swiss or cream cheese, so I don't know if this could be the real reason? He said that caffeine it's ok, but I'm cutting that also, so no coffe and I'm drinking diet pepsi caffeine free. I love apples covered by chocolate, and I don't know if that could be affecting my baby. He seems fuzzy and gassy and he has very loud burps. He is sleepy, but is very hard for him to get asleep. What should I do? He eats 5 minutes in one breast, and some times that's enough for him for the next three hours. Thanks!

Default Re: Help!

does he spit up alot? your exact description sounds like my daughter when she was that age and we started her on prevacid for reflux...

Default Re: Help!

I have an almost seven week old and shes gassy but I think its normal. She is definitely having a growth spurt she was fussy a pooting from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30
    I cut out spicy foods and marinara. I think its just normal for their age.